Chasing a faster me

Sunday 12 August 2012

The 'Flu' Run

For the last three days, I was down really2 bad with a flu + fever. My eyes were watery and combine that with a runny nose, I was half dead and was even struggling to pray properly as my hands were kept busy by handling those runny noses.

On one side though, I admitted it was a struggle (or perhaps a test during this fasting month) but on the bright side of it, I was grateful since those three days gave both of my legs the rest they really need before readying for another LSD (> 10k run) just before the weekend.

So, as per my earlier plan, I wanted to run for more than 10k but I ended up yesterday with only 10.3k distance after the terawih prayer. This time, I ran at the Precint 3 of Putrajaya after I got off from the plane that Friday morning from Bintulu. Throughout the session, I didn't feel 'that' tired to be honest, but I just don't want to run further as I would like to get back home early (before 12am) since it was the start of the last ten days of Ramadhan. So, my priority would be pretty obvious there..

Here I shared the pictures I took after I asked my brother to 'instagram-ed' the moment just before I ran:

 Alhamdulillah


 Changed to my running attire...walaa~

Since it was Friday, it was the night where Putrajaya was buzzing with people doing recreational activities such as running and convoy cycling (it's like a bunch of folks inspired by Azizul Hasni Awang - everybody was wearing that Malaysian-orange jersey!) mostly. But most of the time, these people just prefer to 'chillax' at those green spots surrounding the Dataran Putrajaya until late a night, chatting, playing balls and even doing some usrah gathering. Respect!

In Summary

Route: Dataran Putrajaya - PICC Junction - Masjid Putra Roundabout (1 full lap)
Timing: 59mins 56s (Yes!..sub 60mins)
Previous PR: 63 - 67mins
Weather: Windy night
Pace: 09.21
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com