Chasing a faster me

Monday 27 August 2012

Against the Hills

Yesterday's run was thru a new route where I failed miserably in the previous run. This time I managed to go further and completed the run in one piece except that I was still short of my target by 2k to reach the 15k distance. I hit the wall by the time I reached the 13k split and from there on, went back walking for about 20mins. I was totally drained out since the terrains were mostly hills and they effectively took out all the strengths that I got in the tank. Nevertheless, I was grateful for the mileages I clocked in as this is the furthest I've gone since Raya and most importantly, the fitness is now slowly getting back to where it was before the long break.

I managed to find the replacement to my old Sony Walkman though the color now is strikingly more citrusy (love-it!) than the previous classic black gear. Hehe..


My running gears: Nike+ Sportwatch GPS, the new Sony Walkman (green), Adidas shoe pocket, Adidas water bottle and the old/damaged Sony Walkman (black).

Since my first race is coming up in the next 3 weeks (16 Sept), my target now is to run consistently at a faster pace than the HMP everytime I hit the road + some cross-training. There will be pain here and there as I'm planning to push further with these target but I'll definitely watch my physical threshold as not to injure myself unnecessarily.. Otherwise, everything that I've done till today would've gone to waste.

Now, let the hardwork begins!
In Summary

Distance: 13.73km/8.5mi
Route: Taman Ria - ABF Beach - Parkcity Mall Junction
Timing: 1hr 30mins4s
Weather: Cloudy (~5pm)
Pace:10:33
Gadget: Nike+ Sportwatch GPS
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com