Chasing a faster me

Friday 17 August 2012

That Surge before Iftar

Subhanallah..Ramadhan is going to leave us all in 1 or 2 days and the feeling is always that you are not doing that much throughout the month. We can only hope and pray to Him for all of our ibadah are accepted and all of our sins have been forgiven insyaAllah.

As for me, prior to Syawal and before I fly back to KL this Saturday, i need to at least clock in some mileage and put in some workout before a week long of Hari Raya celebration where the daily main theme would be all those 'kuihs' and foods served whenever you go visiting your relatives. With that, I do expect a little extra weight when I come back from this leave but hopefully, it doesn't exceed my expectation too much after all those running and weight loss during this Ramadhan month.

So;-

Alhamdulillah, I managed to run yesterday's evening just before iftar for about 40mins. I wouldn't say it was a great run since the body was not that prepared to sustain a long run without being properly hydrated (of course ma, you are fasting). But i was really grateful that I at least broke that 5k barrier and pushed for a 6.13km distance. You should have seen my t-shirt after the run, it was like I just ran in the rain. I even thought that I would collapse after all those running strains and feeling a little bit dizzy in my head.

But to say the least, I thank god that I completed that run in one piece.

In Summary

Distance: 6.13km/3.8mi
Route: Taman Ria - BDA Hill
Timing: 39.05mins
Weather: Cloudy afternoon (~5pm)
Pace:10:15
Gadget: Nike+ Sportwatch GPS
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com