Chasing a faster me

Friday 24 August 2012

The Awakening

Alhamdulillah...after 5 days break for Eidulfitri, I managed to pull myself for a quick run yesterday's evening after putting up a good fight with the holiday laziness. It was really tiring (yeah right~) and with the sight of my running buddy (Adizero) still hiding/sleeping beneath the plastic-bag just outside the front door, the situation couldn't be much worse.

The moment I put in my first stride, it was the heaviest I felt within these past 2 months and no doubt it's because of all those Raya weight accumulated within that 5 days break; a period where I manually blind myself from all those ethics and just enjoy the company of foods, available 24/7 from Day 1 of Syawal. Astaga~

And no weighing for me after this Raya week!.No no and no...

As for the run, I tested myself to a new route from the usual Sg. Kantan circles to the outside route until I passed thru Penjara Kajang and the Sg. Jelok road ( these can be referred in GPS tracking pic below). It was quite a challenge I must say since 60 - 70% of the terrains were hills. Even the 'flat' road was slightly inclined (at approx. 2-3%)!.

With Nike+ Sportwatch GPS

I completed the route at a steady but slower pace (just like what I expected) though there are some area of increased pace due to me running down the hill. 

All in all, I completed the run at a modest time of 49mins and at a distance of 7.89km.

In Summary


Distance: 7.89km/4.9mi
Route: Sg Kantan - Sg Jelok, Kajang
Timing: 49.29mins
Weather: Windy afternoon (~5pm)
Pace:10:05
Gadget: Nike+ Sportwatch GPS



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com