Chasing a faster me

Friday 31 August 2012

Pushing It

Maintaining the motivation to keep pushing on running days in and days out is really hard if our mind and body is not on a proper track i.e. stress, tired, low motivation, those sofa's calling or fastfood temptation. So, it is good if once in a while we keep our mind sane by doing something else but with the same intensity like cycling, swimming or even walking.

As for me , I chose swimming and I did exactly that last Monday just to see whether my body and stamina could survive and last a different kind of physical challenge. The session wasn't that long since I wanted to finish early to avoid the pool getting crowded with adults doing their laps and children diving in and out by late afternoon. Well, u knowlah public swimming pool.

It's still empty around 4.45pm..

In the end, I swam for about half an hour and then went back home. I thought it was a good session though I still have that problem doing the 'breaststroke' swim correctly. Well, maybe next time for that ...:p

Now back to running...

Alhamdulillah, after a day rest, I ran on Wednesday night (after the isya' prayer) and broke that 15k distance barrier!. It was unbelievable since I maintained quite a fast pace (for me at the least) until the end. I thought that I would have to catch a breath along the run but it went well without any problem (maybe because of that post swimming effect kot! haha..). The only problem that I got that night was sores to both of my feet. But after a rest/sleep, I woke up the next day feeling very fresh and ready to go again...hahaha..as if..

All in all, I'm feeling so grateful since He granted me that will power and strength to continue running that night and completed one of the set milestones.

As of now, I could say I'm feeling quite a relief and slightly confident before the actual run on the 16th Sept 2012 since I could now run a 10k distance quite comfortably and consistently.

Come on you big guy!

In Summary

Date: 29 Aug 2012
Distance: 15.88km/9.86mi
Route: Taman Ria - As-Syakirin R/about - Parkcity Mall Junction (2 laps)
Timing: 1hr 40mins
Weather: Calm night
Pace:10:11
Gadget: Nike+ Sportwatch GPS
Share:

1 comment:

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com