Chasing a faster me

Saturday 25 August 2012

The Harsh Lessons

A lot of new things I learned in today's first morning run (after Ramadhan month) as God only allow me no further than 8k instead of the planned 15k. My body was almost at its threshold by the time I completed my 2nd run. This was my biggest mistake (big time!) as I went ahead with the run without having a proper a rest or sleep the night before (I was on a night shift).

Nevertheless, one positive result achieved: The fastest 1k in 5mins 28s!

A quick takeaways/lessons to be shared (these are no expert advice, only my experiences after went thru all those snags):
  • NEVER attempt any run if you haven't had any decent rest or sleep especially if you were on a shift work the night before. Or else, you fatigue will surface fast and hard!
  • Drink a lot of water/ Hydrate yourself sufficiently before started running to avoid cramps at the waist area.
  • Put on head-caps if you want to avoid sun-burns while running during the full-smile of the sun/hot and humid environment
  • DON'T ever leave your MP3 on the car tyre (after finding out that the battery was low). You wouldn't want to know what would be the consequence if you totally forgotten about it post work-out. Waaaa!!
 My badly damaged Sony Walkman after I accidentally ran thru it with the car..sob sob
  • DO NOT test any new route or a straight jump for a longer distance (farther from the convenient/routine distance) if you just got back from a long run break. Your mind /mental is still not there yet
  • Prepare and ready all your running gear/gadgets the night before i.e. MP3's battery, dry socks etc
 In Summary

Distance: 9.5km/5.9mi
Route: Taman Ria - ABF Beach
Timing: 59mins14s (First 8k) + 20mins recovery walk + 8mins 16s (Fast 1.5k)
Weather: Windy morning
Pace: 1st - 10:18, 2nd - 8:58
Gadget: Nike+ Sportwatch GPS

 1st 8k

2nd Fast 1.5k
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com