Chasing a faster me

Friday 30 November 2012

It's Flat!

Like the previous 2 entries, I've mentioned that my life would never be the same since I've become a father. Plus that with a new 'toy' at your disposal, your motivation to set your foot on the road would always be on the high (kononnya lah..hehe) or at least THERE to continue pushing you. So, nak dijadikan cerita. Setelah sekian lama/3 minggu mengelakkan diri daripada menhentakkan kaki di atas jalan, ana pergi membuat lawatan rasmi (chewah!) ke Running Lab kat Tropicana City Mall, PJ dengan my younger brother. Hajat di hati nak mencari kasut yang sesuai dengan kaki yang dah injured and also to at least, menghidupkan balik that running momentum yang dah 'terhibernate' setelah sekian lama.

Tup tap tup tap!

After a quick 'walk test' atas treadmill in the shop, I now know that my feet is a actually a 'flat' type. And, I pronate a lot. So, after a few advise, the keyword for all of my shoes after this would be - 'Stability'.

The process after that test is quite fascinating. My feet was properly being sized by a scale and as it turn out, my right and left feet have a slightly different size. Hahaha...sememangnya funny!Tapi takperlah, janji ana dah tau secara 'absolute' the size of my feet.

So, what's next?

The guy in the shop gave me 5 to 6 boxes of shoes from whole range of brands i.e. Asics, New Balance, Saucony and Brooks to try on (sorry peeps, there's no usual Adidas or Nike here..hehe). Some of them are 'Minimalist' and some are the 'Maximum Stability' since these types suit my feet need.

Try punya try, akhirnya ana choose to get the 'Saucony Hurrican 14' for maximum stability. Ha, just for your info, this is the first time ana try this brand. Nama memang pelik, tapi bila dah pakai. Perghh! It feels like your feet is being wrapped by wools + snow. Really2 comfortable.

Saucony Hurricane 14
Haha...she's already on the road twice!
So peeps, it is always important to choose your shoes right at the first time since they are the ones who's helping us to achieve whatever targets or dreams that we have SAFELY.

Before I finish, you guys could read this one article from one of the running web on choosing the right shoes - Click 'Here'. Credit to bro Ray sebab share. Tq2.

Adios!.
Share:

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on new shoes. Saucony ni ada fan base dia tersendiri, especially elite runners from states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot sifu! Sememangnya design yang terbaik!

      Delete
  2. Nike air pn not bad gak laa..

    KAM td Ade org fitness2 Dtg SKO dia ckp marathon runner kna jaga paru2 jgk. Tkot mengecil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe..boleh aje Nike Air as long as dier sesuai.

      Waah...siap komen2 specific for marathoners! Hebat...haha

      Delete

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com