Chasing a faster me

Monday 7 January 2013

2013 Targets

Yeay...alhamdulillah..at last, we are in the year 2013. New year, new lease of life and new set of targets to achieve. And as I preps myself for my next running adventures, I am grateful that I arrived into 2013, feeling mentally happy and physically adequate. And I hope, as I train towards the full marathon (FMV), I would shed-off some more pounds, feel a lot healthier and in the end, run faster.

So what's next for me?

I did mention previously that I would be doing my first full marathon by May 2013 in KK. And hopefully, when that time arrives I would be in the near perfect shape, mentally and physically to complete the race in one-piece. No time target and it's all for pure fun and a duel between me and myself as this would be my biggest target for this year. Once this is realized, the subsequent targets would be to run comfortably faster than my current pace (~6:10min/km) and do longer LSDs to improve my stamina and endurance.

On top of that, my biggest dream and wish for this 2013 is for me to put a lot more effort to be closer to Him and practice my faith better than previous years. And secondly, to better myself and my relationship, inside out - to my beloved wife and baby daughter (as a husband and a father), and to my bigger family - my parents/in-laws/relatives.

Other than that, hopefully my financial stand in this new year would also improve and better than 2012 so that I could join more running events as registration fees are getting expensive year by year..Hahaha..

Owh, and one more thing, I'm hoping to further expand my running circles and network so that I could learn new things and bring on-boards those tacit know-how from individual runners/acquaintances that I met, be it via blogging or in that rare moments before/during/post race events that each of us bump-into.

Last word from me, may all of our dreams and wish come true. Have a good year ahead peeps!

Khairul Ariffin Muhazar aka KAM , @kameyol
Share:

6 comments:

  1. Good luck bro. You'll do well in BIM, train hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks master Ray. Hopefully nanti kiter jumpa kat BIM..hehe

      Delete
  2. Great 2013 resolutions Bro... Keep on training really hard n smart n u'll break that FMV title soon... Hehee...

    Eh pace kita lebih kurang sama ar bro... Selamat mengejar PB ok? Cayalaa... jumpa nanti d BIM! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat2...hehe...skrg ni my pacing dah macam inconsistent sbb duk kejar that 5:30min/km..should have sustain and gradually work towards it rather than just jump into it straight away..hope to see u soon in the next event insyaAllah..

      Delete
  3. Good Luck, train smart.. respect the slow runs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx bro..sememangnya skrg ni tgh kembali ke pangkal jalan dgn merespect balik this slow and long runs..

      Delete

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com