Chasing a faster me

Saturday 31 May 2014

Getting Back the Running Mojo

Alhamdulillah, after the first week struggle, I finally managed to get my feet back on the road and slowly catching up with the momentum.

I have to admit though, it was tough. After almost a year + 3 months of laziness, inconsistencies and some 'mystery illnesses', I felt like waking up in the hospital after a long coma... And you just don't know where to start and what to look for.

But all in all, my wife is always there to support me albeit most of the time, it always sound sarcastic e.g. 'Ha cepat pergi lari, 'spare tyre' dah makin mengembang tuh'.., " ha, baju ngan seluar berlari dalam almari nih, dah macam tukun dah saya tengok"..:P

God, I do love her for that!..keh3..

Nonetheless, here's my progress so far: 
  • 15 May 2014 - 3.62km (27mins) 
    • Did a 2.5km run and followed by walk + run combos  
  • 16 May 2014 - 3.2km (23mins) 
    • Completed a 3.2km run and couple of full-body workouts in Meritz Hotel, Miri while on a business trip  
  • 18 May 2014 - 1.6km (11mins)
    • Was too bloated with foods and coffees during the meeting day and in the end, I just completed some full body workouts in the gym
  • 21 May 2014 - 5.8km (48mins)
    • Hooray! Completed another milestone - night run ...albeit with a very very slow pace..I would call this the 'fat guy pace
  • 24 May 2014 - 7.31km (56mins)
    • Completed another night running..next stop..speedwork!
  • 25 May 2014 - 4.62km (35mins)
    • 1k warm-up, 1min/2min - run/walk combo interval, 1k jog
  • 29 May 2014 - 4.6km (36mins)
    • Morning run in Kuching waterfront, followed by an 20min interval training a static cycle in the gym + light swim in the pool
  • 31 May 2014 - 5.52km (49mins)
    • Another 4k of morning run + walk in the park (1.52k), felt really tired beforehand..a lesson learnt for me..

TOTAL mileage - ~36km

Well guys, that's all for now..more to come insyaAllah..

Pray for the best peeps!


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com