Chasing a faster me

Friday 19 July 2013

That Turtle Pace..

And so it begins..the turtle pace + the baby steps to reach the fitness I was before: the ability to run consistently, 5 miles day by day and able to go up and down a hill with a controlled breathing (jauh lagi perjalanan nih...sempat tak sempat, I think I just have to go for it..and of courselah, gradually and very methodically)..

So far,my progress for the past 4 days:
  1. 13 Jul 2013 - 3.69km (27:59mins)
  2. 14 Jul 2013 - 6.60km (49:59mins)
  3. 17 Jul 2013 - 7.31km (53:54mins)
  4. 18 Jul 2013 -  A very light dumbell workout (10 - 15mins)
All in all, i think I'm progressing well despite at slower paces in all of the runs (7 - 7:24min/k)*. Of course lah, slow pace kan. Nama pun dah berbulan2 stop running, without doing exercise some more to maintain that fitness. Maka, terkumpullah lemak2 dan bahagian2 tambahan di tubuh badan yang memberatkan lagi pergerakan dari titik A ke titik B. Hehe..So, nak taknak..terpaksalah bekerja keras dulu untuk mengurangkan berat and at the same time, re-build that feet strength to withstand all those thumpings as the mileage increased day after day..

* - I believe this was the pace when I first started to run consistently last year (at around Apr 2012) and managed to bring it down further until 6 - 6:15min/k mark when I completed my first HM (Oct 2012). So, tabahkan jerlah hati and maintain that passion sebab I do believe the result will come as long as I keep working hard and continue to endure until I achieve that unknown future laid in front of me...the motivation?..I was here before didn't I?

Keep smiling while you run..
Share:

2 comments:

Copyright © Ku Berlari | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com